Friday, March 9, 2018

Baked Chocolate Donut with peanut butter glaze

 When talking about donut, there are many kinds of it. You can have baked, fried, yeast or cake donut.


For me I rarely make fried donut (not that I don't like it, but I like to spending my time in front of hot oil, hehe), plus the baked donut is very easy to make. The last time that me and my sister ate the donut together at the shop, I choose the one with Peanut butter glaze and after my sister ate it she turn to me and said that she wanted me to make it too.
Well, I don't have any problem because peanut butter is one of my favourite food (I can eat it right out of the jar ^^). 
But I didn't want to eat plain donut (or vanilla flavour), with peanut butter glaze, as I think it will be more delicious with load of chocolate. You can see that the method of making this donut is almost the same as brownie, and yes, it's brownie in donut shape. I use milk chocolate for my donut as it goes well with peanut butter (not too bitter), but if you want you can use dark chocolate too (anyway the donut will be a bit dryer).
For peanut butter glaze, it's not hard to make but the glazing step can be tricky, you need the glaze to be thick enough to coat the donut but not too thick -*- or you will have to spread the glaze than dipping. So warm the glaze if it becomes firm, and let it thicken slightly before dipping again. 



Chocolate Baked Donut with Peanut butter glaze 
Makes 6 donuts


Chocolate Baked Donut
100g ................. Unsalted butter
190 g ................ Milk chocolate 
60 g .................. Granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ..............Vanilla extract
.......................... Pinch of Salt
2 ....................... Eggs
100 g ................. All purpose flour
1/2 tsp ............... Baking powder
30 g ................... Chocolate chips
30g .................... Milk

Peanut butter glaze 
50 g ................... Smooth peanut butter
25 g ................... Unsalted butter
60 g .................. Icing sugar
30 g ................... Milk





Preheat an oven to 180C
Brush donut pan with butter (6-Cavity, 8.5cm in diameter).


 Put the butter and milk chocolate into a bowl, heat in a microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Remove and stir until melt.


 Put the sugar, vanilla and salt into the bowl, stir to combine.


Let it cool for 5 minutes.

 Put the eggs into the bowl, and stir to combine.


 Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl, pour the chocolate chips into the bowl, stir to combine.


 Pour the milk into the bowl.


 Stir to combine.


 Pipe into the prepared donut pan.


 Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Let it cool completely before glazing.


 Put the peanut butter and butter into a bowl, heat in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
Stir to melt.


 Sift the icing sugar into the bowl.


 Pour the milk into the bowl, stir until combine.


Glaze the donut.

*Note: if the glaze thickened, warm it in the microwave to loosen it.


Let the glaze set before serving.


Baked Chocolate Donut with peanut butter glaze 

1 comment:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...