Friday, January 2, 2015

Brookies: When you can't decide what to choose!

 Happy New Year! After a lot of party, I think you must have a lot of great times to remember ^^.




 I had a good time with my friends and family, we held small barbecue parties that we bought too much ingredients, haha so rather than having only 1 party we had 2 ^^. Yesterday I went to the Church and spent my time with my family in evening. For me, I like to stay home, going to any place on long vacation is not my style (too many people), just having a great meal with the people I love is the best. With a lot of people came to my home, I had to bake, and bake and bake, haha, but still I don't have enough treats for everyone (I baked a lot but don't have enough chance to take a lot of photos -*-). Anyway, seeing people enjoy my food and sweets makes me happy.
Today, I opened the fridge and amazed, I don't have any treats left, with children in the house, I had to make something for them. This bar cookie is a good choice, very easy and quick, plus it's so cute.
This is for anyone who can't decide what to eat, peanut butter cookie, brownie or chocolate chip cookie, because you can eat them all. 
The lower part of this bar cookie is a brownie with peanut batter, when the top is a classic chocolate chip cookie. It's so easy that I don't have any caution for you, hehe, only one thing that you need to remember is "use the chocolate that you love to eat and the brownie will be delicious".



Brookies
Makes 20x20cm cookie



Brownie 
65g ........................................ Walnut, lightly roasted and chopped
2 ............................................ Eggs
100g ...................................... Dark chocolate (70%)
80g ........................................ Granulated sugar
80g ........................................ All purpose flour
60g ........................................ Smooth peanut butter
60g ........................................ Unsalted butter
1/2tsp .................................... Vanilla extract
............................................... Pinch of salt

Chocolate chip cookie
100g ...................................... Unsalted butter
............................................... Pinch of salt
70g ........................................ Light brown sugar (if you want your cookie to be sweet use 80g)
1 ............................................ Egg
1/2tsp .................................... Vanilla extract
150g ...................................... All purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp ................................ Baking powder
50g ........................................ Chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 180C
Line 20x20 cm pan with baking paper.
First make the brownie ^^.



Put the chocolate, butter and a pinch of salt into large microwavable bowl.
Heat in a microwave for 2-2.30 minutes (600W), stir until fully melt.


 Remove from the microwave pour the sugar into the bowl, stir to combine.
 Add the peanut butter and stir to combine.


 Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes, then add the eggs and vanilla extract and stir to combine.


 Pour the flour into the bowl with chopped nuts, fold to combine.


 Put the brownie dough into the prepared pan, smooth the top.


 Make the chocolate chips cookie dough.
Sift the flour and baking powder together. 
Beat the butter with salt until soft, add the sugar and beat to combine.


 Pour the egg and vanilla extract into the bowl and beat to combine.
 Pour the sifted flour in to the bowl with chocolate chips.
 Fold to combine.
Spread the chocolate chip cookie dough onto the top of brownie dough.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let the cookie cool before cutting into pieces.



Brookies: When you can't decide what to choose!
-->

5 comments:

  1. Oh delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking yummy ! will try this for sure,.. have a wonderful year ahead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! They look great - I am a huge chocolate fan. I will definitely have to try these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,I try this the taste was delicious but the cookie layer crumble quickly when I pick one to eat it . Hope you know why

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try using large egg or add 1 tbsp of water ^^ it will make the dough less crumbly.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...