Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Flourless chocolate mini cake: Darkness on my plate!

 Yesterday, I tried to finish all my work, haha, anyway I couldn't -*-. So, I think that I should make myself happy by stop working today.

 I started my day by thinking about what I wanted to bake, and chocolate cake was on my top list. Little chocolate cake with whipped cream and berries, sound great, right?
This recipe is flourless chocolate cake, so it will be gluten free too, ^^, if you can't eat gluten product this is the cake for you.
Because it doesn't contain flour, the texture of the cake is moist and soft. Don't worry that the cake shrink after baking, it should be. You can use higher percentage chocolate, but keep in mind that higher chocolate percentage, the drier the cake will be, so you may need to reduce the baking time too.

Flourless chocolate mini cake



Flourless chocolate mini cake
Makes 5 (7cm cake)


125g ............................. Dark chocolate (I use 58%)
65g ............................... Unsalted butter
25g ............................... Whipping cream
65g ............................... Granulated sugar
1tbsp ............................ Cocoa powder
2 .................................... Egg (separated)
For serving
....................................... Sweetened whipped cream
....................................... Fresh fruits


Preheat the oven to  180°C
Line a baking sheet with baking paper, butter 5 dessert rings and place them over a baking sheet. 

 Melt the , the butter, the chocolate and the whipping cream together in a sauce pan place over low heat. Let it cool before using.
 Whip the egg yolks with 30g of the sugar until light in color, pour the cooled chocolate into the yolk mixture, stir to combine. Sift the cocoa powder into the bowl and stir to combine.
Whip the egg white with the rest of the sugar (35g) until firm peaks formed.
 Fold the meringue into chocolate mixture in 3 additions.
Pour into the prepared dessert rings.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top of the cake firm to touch.
Take the cakes out of the oven, they will shrink.
To serve: place the cake on the plate, serve with sweeten whipped cream and fresh fruits.


Flourless chocolate mini cake: Darkness on my plate!

7 comments:

  1. Wowww.. Delicious... Ur foto luks gorgeous too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to clear a doubt too... Hw do u merge ur logo in those pix? Actually i've designed a logo fr my blog, bt donno how to add those in the pictures. Could u pls help me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog while searching for a flourless chocolate cake recipe :) ทุกอย่างดูหน้ากินจังเลยค่ะ! I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful way to decorate, Thanks so much for these Ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really yummy and seems simple too! and i love it how it is gluten free.. been looking for some gluten free recipes as my boss is gluten intolerant :) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...